Sunday, March 2, 2008

Natural Cleansers for Dog Teeth

NO KISSES FOR YOU IF YOU DON'T BRUSH YOUR TEETH!!

I found a natural toothpaste for dogs you can make and I thought I'd pass it along

DOG'S TOOTHPASTE AND BREATH FRESHNER
Baking Soda---2 Tablespoons
Clove----------1 drop
Aniseed--------1 drop
Make up the toothpaste and use as needed, with cotton wool rather than a toothbrush to avoid damaging the gums. Dampen the cotton wool, dip it into the mixture, and use on the teeth. Afterwards, give the dog a drink of water.
I've tried this it provides a great way to keep teeth clean and fresh and helps remove tartar. But it is essential to do this right from the puppy stage for your dog or you will have trouble with your dog. I do have one rottweiler that doesn't like it He's my big male and he's just touchy about alot of things so I catch him when hes tired after a good walk and he's alot better about it.
You also can use tea tree oil
1 Tablespoon or 1/2 oz. glycerin 9--10 drops tea tree oil. Mix well. Shake well until a milky color mix in 1/2 cup water and shake before each use Once a week dip a toothbrush into this mixture and brush the teeth. It reduces the amount of bacteria in the mouth.
Now I've used tea tree on my own teeth and it works wonders , but I have to tell you it doesn't taste real good and my dogs don't like it much. But if you used it from day one your dog probably wouldn't mind.

No comments: